Students can be added to the Portal in a variety of ways:
- Students can be automatically uploaded into the Portal using data from a Student Information System (SIS). This process usually does not require action from a Test Coordinator. If an automatic SIS import is used, students do not need to be manually added to the Portal through the Student Management process.
- Students can be manually added to the Portal using the Student Management process as individual students or using a multiple student upload process.
- Students may be added individually if a SIS process exists, but the next scheduled student data update will occur after the student needs to test. This scenario is most likely to occur when a new student has entered the district immediately preceding planned testing
- Districts that do not utilize a SIS upload system will need to manually add students to the Portal.
Adding a Single Student
There are two ways to add students to the Portal one at a time. The method you use depends on whether you have already set up a test session.
- If you have a test session set up, see Editing a Test Session by Adding or Removing Students.
- If you do not have a test session set up, use the Add Student window to add a student (see below).
- To add a student to the Portal using the Add Student window, open the All Applications menu bar and click Manage Students in the Student Management menu. The Manage Students page appears.
- Select an administration, district, and school, and click Add Student at the bottom of the page. The Add Student window appears.
- Enter the necessary information using the Student Detail, Accommodations, and Demographics tabs.
- Note: The Student Groups tab is display-only: you cannot enter data; the tab shows student group membership if assigned.
- Click Save to save your results, Save & Add Another to save your results and add another student, or Cancel to cancel the process without saving your changes.