Roster Import Layout Instructions
This topic shows you how to complete the CSV roster file layout, shown above. First, download the CSV roster file and save it to your system.
Note: The file downloads as an .xlx file. You must save it as a CSV file after downloading it (see Save the Excel File as a CSV File).
Use the table and rules listed below to help ensure the CSV roster file is completed correctly and will upload to Rostering.
When the CSV is completed and saved to your system, you can import the roster into Rostering (see Importing Rosters above).
|State Student ID
|The State Student ID must already exist in DRC INSIGHT Portal
|Student Last Name
|The Student Name fields are included in the layout to assist the user creating the file, or DRC staff researching file errors. The fields are not used in the upload process.
|Student First Name
|Teacher First Name
|The Teacher Name fields are included in the layout to assist the user creating the file, or DRC staff researching file errors. The fields are not used in the upload process.
|Teacher Last Name
|Must match the teacher’s email address (username) as it is defined in User Management
|The Teacher Email must already exist in DRC INSIGHT Portal User Management in order to be assigned to a Roster
Rules for the CSV roster file:
- Teachers can import rosters for multiple schools by including the rosters in the CSV file and selecting a district instead of an individual school. They must also include each school's roster in the CSV file.
- The CSV file must contain a header row that includes all the Column Name titles in the table above.
- The CSV file must contain data in the order listed in sample CSV.
- The fields cannot be longer than the value in the Maximum Length column in the table above.
- The file must be in comma delimited (.csv) format. Commas are not allowed in any field.
- In the Portal, students and teachers must already exist within the district and school for which the student roster is being created.
- In order to update an existing roster, the teacher email and roster name must be an exact match to the roster being updated.
Save the Excel file as a CSV file:
Open file in Excel.
On the menu bar, click File, then Save As… The Save As dialog box displays. The line at the bottom of the dialog reads: Save as type:
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the line to open a drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
- Click Save.
Before you begin
Imported Accommodations must use a CSV roster file layout that can be read by the portal. To access the CSV roster sample file and information to help you complete it, see Accommodations Import Layout Instructions.
When the CSV files are complete, follow these steps
To import an Accommodation file, do the following:
- Click Select a Site ... and enter the name or code of the school or district to which you want to import.
- Teachers can import for multiple schools by selecting a district instead of an individual school. They can then include rosters for each school in the district in a single CSV file.
- If you only want to import for a single school the CSV file must contain rosters for only that school.
- On the Import Management page, click the Start New Import button and the New Import window displays.
- Complete the fields as follows:
- Import Job Title: Enter a recognizable name.
- Select Import Type: Select Accommodations.
- Registration Window: Select the registration window to which you want to import.
- Import Action:
- Update/Replace Accommodations: Select to update or replace an accommodation
- Append Accommodations: Select to append accommodations
- Click Browse to navigate to the files on your system or you can drag and drop the files into the drag and drop area of the window.
- Click the Start Import button to import the files into Import Management. The import job displays in the Import Management grid. While the job is being processed, the status for the job is In Progress.
- When the import job completes, it will be in COMPLETED status or VALIDATION ERRORS status.
- If the job is in VALIDATION ERRORS status, click the job to display the error report. Update your CSV file to fix all of the errors shown in the error report.Once you have corrected the errors in the CSV file, restart the import process (return to Step 2).
- If the job is in COMPLETED status, click the job to display the Details report.
Accommodations Import Layout Instructions
This topic shows you how to complete the CSV Accommodation Import file layout. First, download the CSV Accommodation file layout and save it to your system.
Note: The file download as an .xlx file. You must save it as a CSV file after downloading it (See Save the Excel File as a CSV File).
Use the table and rules listed below to help ensure the MSU Import file is completed correctly and will upload to the MSU.
When the CSV is completed and saves to your system, you can import the file.
|DOE assigned 3 digit system code
The district code must match the district code displayed in the eDIRECT District dropdown menu.
The district code must be the same for all records in the file.
|Student State ID
|Student’s State ID
|Student Last Name
|Last name of student.
|Student First Name
|First name of student.
|Student Date of Birth
|Student date of birth. Must be in format YYYYMMDD as of September 2nd of this school year
|For each student, one row for each Content area for which Accommodations the students is assigned.
Rules for the CSV Accommodations Import File
- The CSV file must contain a header row that includes all Column Name Titles in the table above.
- If a header row is not included, the first student will be removed from the file.
- The CSV file must contain data in the order listed in layout.
- The fields cannot be longer than the value in the Maximum Length Column in the table above.
- The file must be in a comma delimited (.csv) format. Commas are not allowed in any field.
- Accommodations will be assigned by Content area on the Import file.
- If multiple Content area are needed for Accommodations then include multiple lines identifying the Content Area.
Rules for Accommodation Field #7
- Accommodation will be turned ON if included. Turned OFF if not included.
- New Accommodation Import file will update all Accommodations accordingly.
- Accommodations will be updated based on the Content Area specified on Import.
- Accommodations Import Needs to be completed Before Registering Student
- Accommodation not available for a Content Area will not be updated
- Multiple Accommodations can be included in the Accommodation field and should be pipe delimited with no spaces