This topic shows you how to complete the CSV roster file layout, shown above. First, download the CSV roster file and save it to your system.
Use the table and rules listed below to help ensure the CSV roster file is completed correctly and will upload to Rostering. When the CSV is completed and saved to your system, you can import the roster into Rostering.
Rules for the CSV roster file:
- The CSV file must contain a header row that includes all the Column Name titles in the table above.
- The CSV file must contain data in the order listed in sample CSV.
- The fields cannot be longer than the value in the Maximum Length column in the table above.
- The file must be in comma delimited (.csv) format. Commas are not allowed in any field.
- In the Portal, students and teachers must already exist within the district and school for which the student roster is being created.
- In order to update an existing roster, the teacher email and roster name must be an exact match to the roster being updated.
Save the Excel file as a CSV file:
- Open file in Excel.
- On the menu bar, click File, then Save As… The Save As dialog box displays. The line at the bottom of the dialog reads: Save as type:
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the line to open a drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).