To upload multiple student group records at once, you can upload a file containing student group information to the Portal. The file must be in the comma-separated value (.csv) format and the fields in the file must be in specific columns.
- Open the All Applications menu bar, select Student Group Management to display the Manage Student Groups page, and select the Upload Multiple Student Groups tab.
- Use the drop-down menu filtering options to select the correct administration, district, and school.
- The Upload Student Groups tab contains links to both a sample PDF file that contains instructions and a sample .csv file that you can use to create the actual file.
Click the Download the File Layout link to display the StudentGroupsFileLayout.pdf file.
- This file displays the required layout of the .csv file you will upload to DRC with rules, instructions, and examples describing how to create and format the file.
- Click the Sample File link to download or display the SampleStudentGrouplsFile.csv file. This file is only a sample of the type of file you will upload to DRC.
Note: Depending on the browser you are using, a dialog box may appear for you to use to open or download the file.
- Use the SampleStudentGroupsFile.csv file to create, rename, and save a student group file to upload.
Note: Be sure to keep the header column rows in the file you upload.
- After you have created a students file, click Browse... to locate it, select the file, and click Open to display it in the File field of the Upload Student Groups tab.
- Click Upload. A message displays indicating the file has been transferred and is being checked for errors. After the file has been validated, you can review its status. If the file contains errors, you must correct them and repeat Steps 4 and 5.